Sorkalam! is a new word game in the ancient language Tamil (தமிழ்). Designed to balance both fun and learning, it is a board game for the whole family. To be played with 2 to 4 players at a time, it makes you think, play and even write a bit, in the language Tamil (தமிழ்). The game has also been manufactured keeping in mind the environment: 90 of the 165 tiles in the game are made of wood, with plastic only used in the other 75 transparent tiles (55 with symbols and 20 blanks).
- 1) A game board with 17 x 17 playing grid
- 2) Three hand-crafted pouches: 1st with 90 milk white tiles with letters printed, 2nd with 65 transparent tiles with symbols printed, and 3rd with 20 transparent blank tiles
- 3) A pen to write on blank tiles, and a cloth to wipe them off at the end of the game
- 4) Four yellow cards - one per player, to keep the tiles and play
- 5) Instructions to play the game - in Tamil & English